Happy Wednesday after St.Patty’s Day! Today’s your lucky day because I am giving you my secret weapon to creating more self-discipline in your life.
Here’s the thing, I know that you are smart intellectually, and you know what to do. The problem lies in doing what we know is good for us and sticking with it once we start.
I get it, it’s hard to start something new and oh so easy to go back to the same ol’ patterns the moment a difficulty arises.
And then all of these guilty thoughts startup:
- I just need to get myself together!
- Why can’t I just get this under control?
- Why do I keep going back to the same thing over and over again?
My love, your wandering is over. I’m going to give you my best tool for creating more self-discipline. Make sure you read to the end to get your how-tos in applying it to your situation.
The key to having true self-discipline comes from how you think about yourself and your goal.
There are two ways that people choose to think. One way creates true self-discipline that leads to a lifestyle full of the results you want. The other may or may not get you the results, but if you do get there, you’ll be holding on for dear life.
The usual way most people try to create self-discipline is from self-loathing or fear of where they are right now. Then they go through great efforts to “whip” themselves into shape to get a new result.
Is this you?
- Do you set up diets or other restrictions and rules that are temporary and have all-or-nothing thinking around it?
- Do you beat yourself up and fundamentally dislike yourself instead of viewing yourself and your habits from a place of compassion and curiosity?
- Do you feel like you don’t have a choice in the things you “have to do” in order to achieve your goal?
If so, then here’s your lucky secret weapon to get you more self-discipline and shake things up for you!
That’s right! To create more self-discipline, look at yourself from a place of love and compassion and kindness, so that you motivate and create your actions from that place. When you do, here’s what you’ll create:
- A true choice for what will support you and your body in energizing it, nourishing it, and moving it so that you take care of it properly.
- A lifestyle that will serve you over the long haul as opposed to a restrictive mentality that typically has a beginning and an end, and therefore is not sustainable
- Room for a winding path towards your goals. You know that you didn’t get here overnight, so you get that you’ll be learning along the way about what the right actions are for you to take on your unique path.
Now, it’s your turn for some self-coaching to true self-discipline:
- Think about how you would motivate your best friend and talk to yourself in that same way — with honesty and love.
- Instead of making demands, ask yourself a question around taking care of yourself that’s supportive and energizing from a place of love:
How can I care for my body today in a way that it feels supported and energized?
- What does this support for your body look like in terms of the food you will “choose” to feed it and how you will move? There are no rules. That’s right — you don’t have to do anything, you get to choose what you want to eat and do each day.
Give this new way a try and see how it goes. If you have any questions about what you just read, please email me. I’m happy to answer!
Or, if you want to take this to the next level and learn tools that will get you to your goals around your weight-loss or more self-confidence, I would love to help you get there.
The coaching I do helps smart women like you take what they may already understand intellectually, and really apply it so that they can finally get the results they’ve been wanting.
Not being in your life emotionally allows me to help you pinpoint current patterns, so you can create and move towards a new lifestyle that’s optimal for you. You’ll be left with not only more self-discipline but actualizing the goals that have been on your to-do list for a while now.
Hope you have a wonderful, energizing, and pleasurable week!